We invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for the Sales Rep position for George. The objective of this role The SR executes the territory sales plan which is derived from the Southern Cape Commercial Strategy to achieve or exceed the agreed sales budget. The Sales Rep will be required to know the competitive landscape of Southern Cape intensely. This position will have focus in the Garden Route area, based in George. Direct focus on all channels: Wholesale, Independent Retail and GAS. Accountable for all executions of brand building in the territory, unlocking and building relationships throughout the territory at all levels in the customer.
- Executes Sales to achieve sales quotas for territories, delivering expected sales, revenue, volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Ensures the effective execution and implementation of the Brand's Sales strategy (including dress code) in order to secure the achievement of the organization's budgeted revenue rand per case.
- Reporting on promotional activities.
- Actively, evaluate & improve the customer value chain.
- Ensures the effective flow of the distribution process within your territory and take appropriate measures where needed.
- Ensures that the correct administration and removal of all returns / damages is adhered to within your territory according to the relevant policy.
- Understand the parameters around Trade Promo Spend, Distribution Allowances, Rebates, Fuel usage, Cell phone costs and the implications thereof on the monthly Income Statement for the Region.
- Collaborate and influence decisions with RSMs, DMs, Channel, Key Strategic Customers, 3rd party Service Providers, Distribution Partners
- Proactively identifies opportunities beyond what is expected in own role; ensures high quality execution of tasks on time and/or before deadline.
- Proactively establishes personal development plans, aligned to career aspirations and role; ensures follow through of plans.
- A B-degree in the Commercial/Entrepreneur Management 3year IMM.
- 3 years Sales Leadership in the FMCG industry preferably in Beverages.
- Basic knowledge of Field Sales Management /Key Accounts/Brand Marketing.
- Proven track record of strong execution of Territory Plans.
- Basic knowledge of Market Intelligence - Nielsens/ Ask'd and reports and data.
- Proven track record actively in the trade: Wholesale, On-Premises, OOH.
- Strong enterprising potential to Self-Manage, work independently with minimal supervision.
- Critical Thinking- Takes an informed view based on the facts, business insights, strong financial measures before taking on a decision and can support the decision firmly.
- Strong Planning – Ensure strong Call Cycle adherence, flawless execution, linking field sales KPIs, RTM Partners and best in class Picture of Success.
- Change Agility- Has a high level of resilience and able to adapt to change by seeing challenges as opportunities for improvement in-order to drive teams towards a high performing culture.
- Self- Development & Learning – Geared towards job performance based on past experiences and feedback; continually looking for improvement & growth opportunities.