We are looking for like-minded individuals for the following new position: Technical Manager to join our Cape Town team Purpose of the Job: As the GMR2.1 for the plant, the incumbent is required to: Lead the plant maintenance programmes on site while ensuring a safe working environment in compliance to the regulations. To carry out regular checks on all the manufacturing equipment ensuring that it can produce to the desired machine efficiency. To draw up and maintain a maintenance schedule and procure required spares; to draw up and continuously update Maintenance SOP’s. To manage all maintenance personnel, be responsible for total asset care, including the buildings. Involved with the planning, coordination and control of Manufacturing processes.
- ISO45001 implementation and compliance.
- FSSC22000 accreditation and compliance.
- Cost management (Control maintenance and CAPEX budgets).
- Staff supervision and training.
- Machine efficiencies, plant utilization.
- Preventative, scheduled maintenance planning and execution.
- Total asset care which includes facility maintenance.
- B-Eng, BSc Electrical or BSc Mechanical (GCC Factories advantageous).
- Min 5 years’ experience in a technical lead role in a FMCG environment (high speed packaging advantageous).
- A proven leader with exceptional management skills.
- ·Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- High business acumen and ability to work under pressure.
- Decisive decision making and ability to work to deadlines.
- Superior proficiency in computer applications (Krones Site Pilot and Asset management advantageous).
- Established relationships and networks with stakeholders in the machine supply chain.
- Exceptional fault-finding & diagnostic skills.
- Demonstrated maintenance planning, implementation, and control.