We are looking for a experience Commercial Financial Controller to join out dynamic team in Cape Town. The Commercial Financial Controller is required to carry out the full financial function for their respective Region. Be the first point of contact for the Divisional Manager as well as work closely with Divisional Debtors’ Control to ensure Regional financial activities are executed. Act as 2IC to Commercial Financial manager for their relevant region.
- Annual Budget Planning Process- Responsible for the annual budget planning process for the Commercial and Marketing department and sharing it with Commercial Finance Manager for input.
- Variance Analysis- Provide in-depth variance analysis for the Regional Marketing and Commercial Management accounts with feasible courses of action to resolve and prevent any recurrence of major issues.
- Costing Models-Develop “what-if” costing and commercial models to understand cost/benefit of new customer and changes in pricing of new and current products. Provide advice and commentary in relation to these calculations.
- Pricing- Pro-active management of pricing and trading terms in terms of customer, channel, and product profitability.
- Management Accounts Reporting- Develop and produce reports for management on an ad-hoc basis as well as for the monthly management accounts.
- Commercial Reviews- Participate in key company and customer forums and projects by providing Commercial insight and advice.
- Cost Controls/ Compliance-Measures/Controls – development and maintenance of controls (identify weaknesses, suggest recommendations, and implement.
- Financial Reporting-Preparation of key financial reports – ad-hoc and as part of Management accounts
- Recons- Reconciliations at month end, preparations of management accounts, budgeting, forecasting, capex management, cost control & variance analysis
- Order Management-Processing of purchase orders & Goods Received Notes.
- Stakeholder Engagement- Provide on-time, accurate & value adding information to internal and external stakeholders
- Initiative and Taking Ownership - Takes on responsibility and accountability for tasks and actions
- Decision Making and Judgement- Make timely, informed decisions that consider the facts, goals, constraints, and risks.
- Analysis and Planning- The ability to take in a range of information, think things through logically and plan for the future.
- Enable Results Through Others- The ability to understand people and their motivations, build good relationships with them and achieve results through the efforts of others as well as your own
- Time and Task Management advanced ability to manage time effectively through planning and prioritization of tasks to ensure department objectives are achieved on time.
- Finance or Accounting Diploma, SAIPA (Degree would be advantageous)
- 5 Years Accounting experience
- 2 Years Financial controls
- 3 Years Financial reporting with variance analysis
- Solid experience in the Commercial/FMCG preferable
- Sound Budgeting & Forecast management and development
- Ability to interact with various levels of management and customer contacts
- Product Pricing and Trading terms management and calculations
- Financial & Management accounting
- Budget and forecasting
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel